Senior Director of Enrollment
Job Summary: Under the direction of VP – Campus Operations, develops, supervises and evaluates the College strategic recruitment plan, including working with Enrollment Services to ensure a personalized and seamless approach to recruitment, admission and enrollment of new students. Works closely with leadership to integrate efforts ensuring an effective, inclusive College-wide approach to recruit students. Manages the day-to-day operations of student enrollment. The position is responsible for hiring, orienting, training and supervising enrollment and administrative staff.
Incumbent must assure that The Arts Institutes International, LLC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
- Leads the planning, designing, coordination and implementation of student recruitment initiatives in alignment with campus enrollment goals. Leads teams in facilitating on-campus and off-campus recruiting events.
- Expands the College’s capacity to recruit diverse and under-represented student populations, by adjusting recruitment strategies with an equity lens, investigating appropriate forums for engaging communities that represent those populations, and adjusting prospect-to-enrollment services to support in ways that are culturally appropriate.
- Monitors and analyzes enrollment and regional workforce data to identify target populations for recruitment and provides flexible, rapid response to emerging opportunities; evaluates and reports on trends and developments across priority and emerging markets to inform the College’s recruitment strategy.
- Identifies and achieves goals and targets for increasing and sustaining enrollment through targeted outreach campaigns, one-on-one follow-up with prospective students, developing deeper relationships with high schools, community organizations and local employers. Recognizes growth and development opportunities and responds effectively to emerging issues.
- Oversees the process of turning prospective students into admitted students, utilizing the student recruitment Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and associated communication systems to maximize effective outreach to prospective students. Advises the college on student recruitment systems and technologies to improve recruitment and enrollment management efforts.
- Manages College Representative, working with Senior Director of High School Programs to determine appropriate territory and effective delivery of high school inquiry goals.
- Supervises enrollment professionals, paraprofessionals, technical/support, and/or classified staff. Hires, evaluates, trains, disciplines and recommends dismissal of staff as necessary.
- Trains, manages and provides professional development to the student recruitment team, serving as points of contact for new students, to inform, direct, and support new students in successfully navigating admission to campus. Collaborates college departments like marketing, advising, enrollment services, financial aid, and staff who engage with prospective students interested in specific programs to develop integrated student recruitment plans and tactics.
- Oversees coordination of multiple special events focused on strengthening partnerships and visibility with high schools, employers, and other community organizations to increase campus enrollment. Serves as a liaison with internal and external offices and departments that enter in the recruitment process.
- Develops, implements and monitors student recruitment budget and evaluates events and campaigns, ensuring compliance with applicable fiscal restraints; implements and allocates resources following budget approval; approves expenditures.
- Collects and analyzes a variety of complex data and information. Prepares recurring management reports regarding recruitment and admissions, and performs statistical analysis and summarizes findings in enrollment and other applicable reports to revise recruitment plans. Presents prospective student trends, recruitment data and information, and recruitment strategic plan activity to multiple stakeholders.
- Develops and monitors the College’s prospective student communication plan, using multi-channel communications that align with set targets according to demographic, program of interest, region, etc.
- Stays current on student recruitment best practices.
- Travels to branch campus locations on a scheduled basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: VP – Campus Operations
Interacts with: Outside clients (potential students and their parents), staff and faculty
Supervises: Enrollment Coordinators, Receptionist
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Marketing or equivalent experience.
- At least 5+ years of increasingly responsible experience managing a sales effort, especially selling intangible products.
- Experience within college enrollment, preferable in a non-profit environment
- Applicable federal, State and local lows, rules, regulations, codes and /or statutes.
- Good general and e-business knowledge.
- Budgeting principles and practices.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills as well as goal orientated and ethical.
- Proven success in mentorship, training, and/or managing projects within the Enrollment Coordinator role.
- Communicate and work effectively either as a leader or as a member of a team.
- Inspire, motivate and lead a sales team.
- Adapt to changing assignments, multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.