The Art Institute of Houston, LLC
College Re-Entry Counselor
Who We Are!
Our campus is part of a system of Art Institute locations that provide an important source for design, media, fashion and culinary art professionals. We offer programs that focus on applied arts in creative areas such as graphic design, media arts and animation, culinary arts, photography, digital filmmaking & video production, interior design, audio production, fashion design, game art & design, baking & pastry, and fashion marketing. The Art Institutes offer associate, bachelor, and master’s degree programs, as well as certificate and diploma programs.
Benefits We Offer!
The Arts Institutes is committed to offering competitive salary and benefits, which may include:
- Medical Insurance / Prescription Drug Plan
- Vision Care / Dental Plan
- 401(K) Plan
- Life Insurance
- PTO / 12 Paid holidays
Responsible for the re-entry of students who qualify to return to classes for Houston System campuses. This person may also be responsible for a small new student recruiting plan. Employee will ensure that all re-entry/new student applicants for (re) enrollment to the school follow proper procedure in accordance with state and federal accreditation and company policies and regulations, consistent with the highest ethical standards. The Re-Entry Counselor is responsible for managing time and inquiry resources to generate interest in our programs. This position will conduct a high quantity of prospect phone contacts to secure appointments and interview activity, and conduct follow-up activity with unresolved interviewees and future class applicants. They will work interdepartmentally with Academics, Financial Aid, and Student Services to ensure students meet all required criteria for re-entry.
Incumbent must assure that The Arts Institutes International, LLC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
- Identify and contact all withdrawn students who qualify for re-entry to the institutions.
- Work with academics, student services, and financial aid to ensure that all applicants meet necessary criteria for re-entry.
- Accurately and completely explain educational programs, expected outcomes, student services, and financial consideration to students, parents, and educators.
- Manage inquiries to achieve prompt contact and performance activity weekly goals; utilize approved recruitment policies/formats; make prompt and effective contact with inquiries and redirect unqualified candidates based upon incompatible career goals.
- Secure new inquiries (Personally Developed Referrals) by directly asking phone and in-person contacts about referrals of others to contact that may be interested in programs offered.
- Schedule and conduct interviews, pursue qualified candidates for enrollment, and determine appropriateness of candidates for enrollment based upon career goal compatibility.
- Accurately forecast projected new students on a periodic basis for Dean of Admissions.
- Consistently conduct follow-up meetings, monthly at minimum, with all applicants to ensure successful matriculation.
- Assist other personnel and departments with data collection and problem solving.
- Participate in appropriate recruitment and enrollment activities including: open houses, regional presentations, training sessions, orientation programs, career days, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Dean of Academic Affairs
Interacts with: Outside clients (potential students and their parents), staff and faculty
a) Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field is strongly preferred.
b) 0-2 years enrollment recruitment or non-durable goods sales experience.
c) Possess a sincere interest in helping others achieve life goals.
a) Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
b) Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations.
c) Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
d) Goal oriented and highly ethical.
e) Strong expertise with MS Office, related hardware and software packages and systems for reporting features.
a) Continuous learning
b) Personal Adaptability
d) Job Knowledge
f) Student Focus/Service
j) Problem Solving
a) Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
b) Ability to listen to customers (e.g. students, staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
c) Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
d) Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.