The Art Institute of Houston, LLC
Culinary Storeroom Clerk (20-25 hours per week)
Summary: This position assists with the receipt and issuance of food supply in the culinary store room. Responsibilities include assisting with the managing of receipt, check-in, and issuance of food and controllable goods of the Culinary Department. The storeroom clerk is responsible for the maintaining the cleanliness, safety and sanitation of the storeroom area. The storeroom clerk performs routine manual and detailed clerical work involved with receiving, storing, stocking and inventory duties in a storeroom.
Incumbent must assure that The Arts Institutes International, LLC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
- Implement system purchasing best practices, which include the use of system requisitions.
- Maximum use of corporate wide purchasing arrangements
- Receives and unpacks incoming orders, checking against items listed on requisitions, invoices or other order forms.
- Counts, weights and/or marks articles with identifying codes, figures or letters as required to maintain FIFO inventory system.
- Receives hazardous chemicals and delivers them to users in original containers.
- Monitor storeroom inventories and assists in ordering goods.
- Fills departmental/class requisitions upon proper authorizations.
- Maintains a safe and sanitary environment through active enforcement of proper safety policies and for assuring that all aspects of culinary department operations meet the standards set by the Administration and local Health Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports To: Dean of Academic Affairs, Department Chair - Culinary
Interacts With: Inside contact encompasses the entire range of personnel, outside contacts may include community vendors, educators/faculty, and students.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- High school diploma required.
- Three to five years of proven relevant experience in related activities preferably in a post-secondary institution.
- Solid understanding of hospitality organizational operations.
- Excellent and effective communication in both written and verbal form.
- Demonstrated knowledge of inventory management skills.
- Demonstrated successful operation in a foodservice establishment.
- Previous skills contributing to budgets
- Requires familiarity with HACCP procedures and local Health Department, state, and federal regulations related to food handling, storage, and preparation.
- Demonstrate computer proficiency for basic software related to inventory control
- Demonstrate computer proficiency for Online Ordering System (eSysco)
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. students, instructors, vendors, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests
- Ability to work without close supervision and to set one’s own priorities.
- Ability to perform basic math skills.
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to concentrate when multiple distractions exist in the work place
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift up to 75 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to work in extreme temperature changes and noise
- Ability to regularly stand, bend, lift, and move intermittently during shifts of 8 hours.